Imperial BeachText size Print This Page Send by email
There are few areas in the United States, and in the world for that matter, that offer the sheer abundance and diversity in terms of tourism that can be found in the state of California. The state is home to many different attractions, both natural and man made, and tourists can find any taste for travel that they may have satisfied in this most populous state.
Eco-tourists have always been drawn to California due to many of the natural attractions found there. In fact, California’s natural wonders hold several records, and in order to preserve this legacy there are several National Parks set up throughout the state. Here are some of the most popular natural attractions and activities in the state.
– California Redwoods. California is the home to the tallest organisms on earth, the giant redwoods. These trees can be found all along the California coast, with a big concentration just north of San Francisco.
– Sequoias. California is also home to the largest living organisms on Earth, and these can be viewed at Sequoia National Park in central California. In fact, the Park is home to five of the largest tress on earth in terms of sheer volume of wood. The park also has several areas for hiking and nature watching.
– Ocean. When you think California, surfing might be one of the first things that come to mind, with good reasons. The surf along the Pacific Ocean make for some of the best year round surfing in the world, and the best surf in the United States. The Pacific Ocean also makes for some great beaches all along the California coast, including the incredible Long Beach.
– Death Valley. California holds yet another record in that the hottest spot in the United States was recorded in Death Valley. This is a popular destination for tourists who like to hike and rock climb, but make sure to bring plenty of water and sunscreen!
– Natural Activities. Hiking, whitewater rafting, skiing, and mountain biking are all activities that can be enjoyed in California. The rich natural diversity of the state make for a satisfying trip for people of all adventure tastes.
In addition to its natural wonders, California has many attractions made by humans that tend to draw even more humans to look at them.
– Cities. Los Angeles and San Francisco are two of the most storied cities in American history, and both are located in California. San Jose, Anaheim, and San Diego are also popular with tourists. San Francisco also offers one of the greatest achievements in American architecture in the Golden Gate Bridge, a suspension bridge that spans the Bay.
– Vineyards. California is home to one of the most productive wine industries in North America, and each year wine enthusiasts from all over North America flock to the vineyards of the state for tastings and festivals. California is well noted for all of its agricultural outputs, being the world’s fifth most productive regions.
– Disneyland. Of course, you can’t leave out the most exciting destinations for kids when you are talking about tourism in California. Disneyland continues to be one of the most popular destinations for tourists in the United States, although it has been losing popularity in recent years.
California is the third largest state in terms of land mass, which is a good thing as there needs to be a lot of room for all of the people that live there. While it is the most populous state, there is still natural wonder throughout the state, making it perfect for tourists of all stripes..